Monday, October 15, 2007

More Walker House Stuff


This picture is of my first night in Mineral Point, I made dinner for Mr and Mrs Dickinson, their friend and resident roofer, Henry and the Cheffy Boy out of stuff I pulled out of their fridge...




Broiled Flounder with Parmesean Crust, served with Tequila-Lime Butter Sauce, Confetti Rice Pilaf and Early Peas with Smoked Salmon deglazed with Tequila




Picture before the plate was sauced and cleaned.


Roasted Garlic and Cheddar Riced Potatoes surrounded by a succotash of vegetables deglazed in Raspberry Beer and topped with a Soy Infused Pork Loin Steak


This is a picture of the plate that I did for the twenty guests the Dickinson's invited to dinner on Cheffy's second night in Mineral Point...


Dinner Night at The Walker House


Dinner Night was kind of fun...


For me, you know you can put me in any kitchen with any obstacles and I am cool with that...I am in my element...this is who I am and food is what I do...


The Dickinson's on the other hand were witnessing the beginning of their dream coming true, by having some long haired Chef guy from Tennessee pumping out an impromptu dinner for twenty out of their kitchen...the visual reality of the life that is to come...


Joe washing dishes and hanging out with Chef in the kitchen, while I am italking to a local farmer about products her family farm offers while flinging saute pans and broiling pork loin...


Susan and their kids finishing up in the dining room, Susan helping me plate salads and entrees...everyone running food, setting salads, opening wine, running a complete food service out of a kitchen that hasn't been cranked up in twenty years...


Fun stuff...


I don't think we have any pictures of Susan helping Cheffy plate up, but that was really cute...she just wanted to be such a part of this (and she definitely was), we all had a really good time...


Although I babble a bit about the food, Susan and their son Paul were the true heroes of the event. The dining room that we chose was a construction zone and it took them the better part of the day with all of the equipment and tools that had to me moved along with all of the other stuff that has long since accumulated in the dining room, all the sweeping, dusting, wiping, vaccuuming etc., not to mention setting the tables and chairs to resemble a finished product of a dining room set for twenty...


Susan bless her heart was non-stop...all the way up to Chef and her bussing the dining room after all was said and done...(we had to make sure Joe had plenty of dishes to do...ha ha)


Anyway...fun stuff...


Chef