Friday, February 12, 2010

About the "Timing Is Everything Article"

Inspiration through Conversation

For those that know me and/or have been following the CheffyBabbles for a while know, that I love to write like I talk...say what I mean, mean what I say and try not to say it mean...

Most of my inspirations come from conversations with people that are in the industry, thus my "Timing is Everything" article, an inspiration through conversation with Chef Mark...

I am currently attending culinary school with the hope of removing myself from the ground and pound of the restaurant industry and go into being a culinary educator, but anyway....

Chef Mark Bergstrom is one of my instructors, an inspirational human being (170 pounds of encyclopedia) and the inspiration of this article.

As professionals that have grown, prospered and have had our asses kicked in this industry, we take the yin/yang approach of our predecessors, we have grown to be kinder and gentler chefs, Chef Mark's mannerisms prove that he is one of those...

One of the most important things of being a manager in the food industry is timing...everything is about timing and deadlines, no matter what color you paint it.

Food is money, Labor is money, Time is money...I am the Chef...I am responsible for the waste...

A couple years ago I wrote an article about having systems in the workplace and after hearing Chef explain to other students about the importance of organizing their time I reflected on this article even though I had written it a long time ago in a far different world. Yesterday before class I went into Chef's office and was going to tell him about the "Systems in the Workplace" article and he perked up and asked if the article was about timelines before I had time to finish...I laughed and told him no....well, not yet anyway...

After lecture started I thought more and more about it and was so inspired that it was hard to listen to lecture because the CheffyBoy's brain-housing group was thinking about all the shit he wanted to say in this article, which is one reason why the articles thoughts are all over the place...I am not a writer, I am an expressionist...say what I mean, mean what I say and never say it mean...

Inspirations Baby...Gotta love inspirations....

Thanks Chef...you rock....

No comments: