Friday, July 06, 2007

Inspirations and Cooking Classes



Inspirations....

Man, where would life be without them...

Quick story about the pic...

Me and Greg haven't been bouncing around in the same kitchen for about 8 months and we fed off of each others behaviors both in and out of the kitchen, we were truly an inspiration to each other.

In this pic, Greg walked into the kitchen and was like "What'd'ya want me doing?"

I was in the final stages of a cooking instruction for a buddy of mine Harry and we were going to do 4 courses for 12-15 pp---totally freaked Harry out seeing that part of the world...a lot more about Harry later, but Greg, Harry and myself had a freaking blast...

Harry is really proud of these eggrolls that he makes that I call the Redneck Roll (reasons I'll explain in my Harry post), I really like them. Harry was pretty proud to show me how freaking simple his recipe is. So needless to say, me and Harry rolled quite a pile of eggrolls (none of which lasted long).

When Greg and I were contemplating plating design of Harry's Infamous Eggrolls I am explaining to Greg, (after I shot down a couple of his other ideas, and he popped in with the arabesque idea)...BUT I WANT HEIGHT!!!!! Is funny sometimes how much talking my hands do...Greg's arabesque made the plate, awesome idea...



The plate was really awesome looking, Harry was beside himself, I showed him how to make the green onion flowers (firecrackers, whatever you wanna call 'em)

That there's the durned pertyest plate of Redneck EggRolls I ever have seen...

The arabesque for the plate was sweet and sour with Harry's Asian Hot Mustard, then the eggrolls, a Napa Cabbage leaf topped with an Asian Pan Fried Noodles.

Just having a day off and bringing someone into my kitchen, cooking for a couple hours showing them how crazy my world can get, and hell, we were only doing 15 people...hell ya oughta see me doing 1500...ha ha....



This story is far from over, I will post alot more pics in the other posts of all of us. Man, that was a fun night...

No comments: