Saturday, October 24, 2009

Finding Sereniity in Madness


Sometimes it does your heart some good to be thankful for the little things in life that happen…

On my trip this time I had lost my brakes to my truck in the mountains of Tennessee on my way down from the Foothills Parkway in Chilohowee, TN

Needless to say it scared the hell out of me and I was very thankful for a safe resting spot…

It was very introspective into my temperance and the person that I have grown to be…there were moments when I have totally lost my cool over things that I could not control, this was very different.

I felt thankful and blessed. I could have easily been killed.

I could have been in a more difficult road in the mountains (which would have happened in another 5 minutes of travelling), I could have trashed my truck, hurt someone else, myself or my dog, Julienne…

There were a lot of variables, and yet at the resting stop of the truck I found so much beauty in the lake, the sunset, my own unheard words…not to mention kinda bummed that I was stuck out in the middle of nowhere, with a cell phone that doesn’t work in the mountains, no houses for miles on end, a straggling vehicle every now and then…definitely stranded….LOL

Special thanks to my Supreme Being and my
Angel on my shoulder for watching over me and showing me the light in my darkness…










No comments: