Sunday, June 01, 2008

Pics




At the market alot of people wondered what I have been up to and aside of working on the Walker House, I have been doing a lot of other fun stuff, so here are some pics of some of the things that I have been up to....






Jamming at the Old Royal Inn, Mineral Point




Thanking Buddha for getting rid of the snow



Did a Wild Game Dinner in Chicago with members of Chicago Police and Fire Departments
Pic of Me, my Sous Chef David and an old Marine Corps Buddy, SmaggieWas joking with Smaggie telling him this probably would be last time a couple Rebs surrounded a Yankee. Dave's From Texas and I am from Tennessee


Me pumping out a couple hundred Vension Pasties for the Dinner
The Wild Game Dinner was a blast, there were three of us that did most of the cooking to see the pics that I took throughout the week you can see them at http://picasaweb.google.com/chefmichaelhayes/ChicagoPics


My Kitchen Got Legal!!!


Chungachungabam!!!!!



Finished my first "Take Away" Menu-it has changed since, but most of the items are still the same, to get my most recent menu send me and email or leave a comment with an email address.

Spent the weekend at my first field burn...700 acres that needed to be burnt off...this was a definite cultural experience with my new found Mineral Point friends. We burned fields and I cooked a bunch of wild game...

I got a buddy, Beef Pickel and we had a blast cooking that weekend...pheasant, venison, pork, splitting wood, four wheeling and beer...
Oh, Shit....life is good!!!


A sign on the side of one of Tim's Cabin's that I thought was awesome...

Cheffy playing....Pheasant brined in salt, chipotles and roasted garlic, sprinkled with Cheffy Salt, wrapped in bacon and slow cooked on the grill...freaking awesome....

My buddy Beef holding out a Pheasant (one out of a few hundred) that were going to be let out the next day for a pheasant hunt out on Chief Chambers Club

My buddy Lance's dog, not biting the pheasant bacon....but spitting all over the chair...

The previous pics were taken on my buddy Tim Stracka's farm...700 plus acres of WonderLand...Trees, Lakes, Creeks, Animals, Moonlight and Beer...
Life is good...

Following are a couple pics of Tim's farm that I thought were cool...

You can see all of the pics of his farm and our weekend at http://picasaweb.google.com/chefmichaelhayes/TimStrackaSFarmPics

Even though I spelled his name wrong on the photo album...


Tree outside of Tim's Barn at Dusk the night before the burn


My buddy Beef asking "How do you want me to get this off of here Mikey?"

"Beef, just cut the sonuvabitch off the bone, grab one of my knives and cut the sonuvabitch!!!
Smoked Venison that we turned into BBQ




Splitting Wood, Loading up the Shed, Chewing Fat,Telling Lies, Eating Game and waiting for Beefy to hurt himself....

More Later...

Thanks for Logging In and witnessing my insanity...

Peace, Hugs and Cookies,

Chef



No comments: